Sunday, April 26, 2009

Two Down, Two To Go

Two big events have come and gone. First my mom's 60th birthday celebration and yesterday evening Adam and Isabelle were baptized. We first attended mass at 5:30. Before we knew it, it was 6:40 and the kids still had to get changed into their baptism clothes. Adam wore a white 5 piece suit. He looked very handsome and it seemed like he knew it too. Isabelle wore a huge white gown. It was satiny, it had an organza overlay, it had a huge organza bow, it was embroidered, and beaded. She looked tiny in it. It was difficult to hold her because it was so big. But, she looked absolutely adorable, and people told me so! She was happy and talkative too. Both kids did great, they didn't cry during the ceremony at all. Adam actually looked like he was wondering why his hair was getting washed again. When they were annointed they both looked at the deacon and seemed to enjoy it. It was a special evening.


After the ceremony we headed on home. Everyone was hungry, but Adam wasn't acting like himself. Once we got home and got him undressed we noticed he was burning up. Turns out the little guy was running a 100.7 fever! So, after a dose of Tylenol, he was sent to bed and he was soon fast asleep.
Today has been a very peaceful day. I've been making batches of candy for Adam's birthday party goody bags. I had found a car candy mold on clearance and finally used it for the first time. But, since it was the only one and it only has 5 molds on it, the process takes a while. We've cleaned house, had the Samson's over along with Aunt Janie, and just hung out playing. Next weekend brings the real craziness. Adam's party! We've kept it pretty small and simple in hopes to ease the stress on ourselves. I hope it turns out fun for everyone (or at least wears the kids out so the parents can have a break afterwards).
So, this last week we also tried to consign some stuff. This turned out to be alot more hassle than we thought. Turns out, Kid to Kid and Once Upon A Child, both are not accepting onsies. Ok, well that wiped out most of Isabelle's clothes. But, that left most of Adam's clothes. Hmmm...I guess they didn't like those either. I don't get it. I went shopping in one of those stores and there was still winter stuff out! There weren't near enough Spring and Summer clothes. But yet, they didn't want 20 shirts of Adam's that were bought this time last year? Short sleeved t-shirts. Cute t-shirts....or so I thought. I looked through the rack for his size and there were tons of long sleeved, turtlenecks, and even two leather jackets. Uhhhh, I don't think it's exactly leather jacket type weather anymore. So, I'm still left with all these baby girl clothes and I'm sure I'll still have lots of size 18month clothes left too once the last place gets done inspecting.
Another week is fast approaching and it's bound to be stressful. Tuesday brings another center meeting to discuss the impact of the economy on our center. Great! More whispers, more shut doors, more stressed out people. I'm making it a point to lay low, do my work, volunteer for more work, be cheerful and helpful, and just stay gainfully employed. I've been told I'm not on "the list" but who knows. I'm just doing my part to keep my name off "the list".
So, I've had two big events pass by, now to survive Adam's party, and then the trip to Wisconsin. I've begun the list making and gathering. The rooms are booked, the rental selected, and soon we'll be packing stuff up! Joseph is getting so excited and was offered a wonderful job opportunity that he accepted. He's working with both the Mayor of Milwaukee and now the Governor of Wisconsin!
Looking forward to next week! I'm sure it'll be a blast!





1 comment:

  1. I was so fustrated with Joshua about our not coming for the baptism's. I am glad that it is all done. The outfits were super pretty, as they should have been. It was nice visiting today, the boys had a blast playing as usual.

    ReplyDelete