Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long time....No blog

Hello world, yes it's me Christina! How's everyone been? Oh, really, you're wondering what the heck happened to me? Well, in a nutshell.....I suck at blogging. I tend to update Facebook more than anything, and honestly I'm quite surprised I remembered my dang login to Blogspot. It's been months and months since my last post so let's get started on the big happenings in the Spencer household.

September- Daniel and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a trip to Hot Springs. It was beautiful, he got a stomach bug and everyone in the b&b knew it, I had to drive all the way back home while he complained the whole way. Poor guy! It was still a great trip and what memories we have!

October- Isabelle's first Halloween. She was a bumble bee and Adam was Thomas the Tank Engine. We went to Grapevine Mills for some trick or treatin' and that was pretty much it.

November- Isabelle had surgery. She was born with her left eye not having a muscle in the correct place. Her eye would not move inward at all. We decided on surgery to see how much correction could be done with it and to hopefully keep the vision strong in the affected eye. So, two days before Thanksgiving we took her to Childrens' and I tearfully handed her over to the nurses as they wheeled her off. OMG! I was heartbroken. So many thoughts of what could go wrong, what did I do wrong that caused this defect and her not being "perfect", is she scared, and will it work? It was hard sitting there not knowing exactly what was happening to my princess. Thankfully my parents were with us and by the time I settled down, they were coming to get us to wait for her in recovery. It was about 40 minutes, but it sure seemed so much longer! When she woke she was hilarious! The nurse was so amazed how she woke up, looked around, dozed in and out of sleep, but she never cried! All around us you could hear kids crying as the anesthesia wore off, but not by princess. She's one tough little girl. I think it's because of all she went through when she was born and a good dose of brotherly love from Adam!

December- Well, the kids were spoiled rotten. 'Nuff said. The day after Christmas, Isabelle took her first steps. It was so exciting! Adam didn't quite know what to think about this development. I think he was hoping he'd always be able to outrun her. WRONG!!!!

January- Isabelle's first birthday. It was hard to believe she was one already, but yet it was true. We had her party at Abbey's Playtown which was fun. The play area is for smaller kids like her and Adam. We were joined by family and friends and it was a wonderful way to celebrate our little girl's amazing journey so far.

February- Hmmmm....well I think it was pretty quiet. No major milestones here.

March- Daniel and I got tattoos. I finally got one in honor of Isabelle. It is her name with a tiara over it. It is on my left foot and it hurt worse than the other two, but it was worth it and it looks great. Daniel had an old one reworked and it is full of color now. He didn't cry, but he may have invented a new curse word or two.

April- Full of birthdays! We also made a trip to Houston for my cousin's baby shower. Now, that was an adventure. Let's see, Daniel in handcuffs, kids crying, cops swarming, and cousin furious! No, it was nothing Daniel or any of us did. It was certainly a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. After all the confusion, Daniel was uncuffed, everyone was fine, the cops were high fiving the kids, but my cousin was still furious. We can laugh about it now, but it was pretty bad then. I'm glad Daniel was a good sport about it and didn't get too upset with the whole situation.

May- Well, we are in full party planning mode. Adam will be 3 on the 11th! W-T-H! How did he get that old? And since when did he learn to talk so much? And did I talk back to my mother at this age? We are trying to nip that in the bud. Problem is the child is too smart. I know I probably shouldn't think like that, but it's kinda upsetting that he is sometimes. He knows the rules and when someone else breaks them he will let you know it. Smarty pants. He's become quite the cuddler and I very much enjoy our evening cuddles. I think he does too......I hope this is something he'll enjoy for a long time. Isabelle now talks more and more. She loves Dora and Spongebob. She just now started saying thank you and she shakes her head yes. These last two things to Adam forever to do no matter how much we tried. These two are like night and day sometimes.

Today a friend of mine lost her mother. How terrible this must be and made all the worse when Mother's Day is a couple days away. I pray that she finds comfort in knowing her mother is safe in the arms of God and is now reunited with her loved ones who have passed on also.

All in all, life has been grand, sure I get frustrated and wonder how I got here, but then I think of those who'd love to be in my shoes. I'm so happy for those who are beginning their journey into parenthood and I hope that I can pass along some tidbits of wisdom now myself (I promise not to be pushy or a know-it-all). Since it is almost Mother's Day I do have to say that I am amazed when I think of my mom. She raised two girls on her own, doing what she needed to do to provide for us. It's hard enough with two parents and she was alone. I didn't realize how much she loved us and sacrificed for us until I became a mom. We always had what we needed and I knew she loved me even when I did bad in school or wrecked the car. She is an amazing mom to me and now my husband, but to see her face when she sees my children is truly a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment