Thursday, January 22, 2009

Four Walls

I'm beginning to feel like these walls are closing in on me. I'm trying to take it slow, take this wonderful time all in, and enjoy being at home with her. I really am!!! But, I see these walls and I think they are creeping in on me. I've got to get going on a project. I've got pictures to put in albums and frames. I wish we had the shelves we want on our massive empty living room wall. Then I would have more motivation to do them. I have been feeling a little down. I think I'm more lonely than anything. Daniel and Adam leave around 8, get home near 7, and I'm left alone with no adult interaction. And to top it off, Daniel's work has been very busy, so busy that he worked last weekend and he has to work this one too. I'm thankful that he's busy, and the money will be great, but I'd gladly give up the money to have a full day at home with him and the kids. He hasn't spent a full day with just us at all. It's thoughts like that that make me sad. I don't want him to miss out on anything, but he will. We had this conversation way before Isabelle was born. I've been disappointed many times due to the type of work he's in. I dread the day when I have to tell our kids that Daddy couldn't make a game or recital because of work. I had those disappointments when I grew up and you don't forget that feeling. But I also remember the feeling of surprise when my mother managed to make it to the school awards assembly to see me receive my spelling bee trophy. I hope they have more moments like that in life.

Tomorrow I will be venturing out for my first drive alone with Isabelle. I will take her to work to show her off. The center manager has been dying to hold her. He absolutely loves Adam (doesn't everyone?) and was so excited when I told him Isabelle was on her way. He told me he would buy her sight unseen. He's a reall good guy and makes work alot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing people again and watch them fight over her. I've already been scouring the closet looking for the perfect outfit for her to wear. All her really cute, dressy dresses are too big though. It'll be strange to go and not work. Maybe I'll log in and complete a few records just because....I've got to make sure I keep my mind from turning to mush. The most stressful thing I do on a regular basis is make sure the water is measured to three ounces in the baby's bottle and I measure 1.5 scoops of formula.

My favorite group is coming to Dallas on April 11th. I love Nickelback. They have these VIP packages with a meeting and greet session....OMG! How I would love to meet them...ok, so maybe I'd just really love to meet Chad Kroeger. But, would I love it enough to spend over $400 per ticket? Uh, big fat NO!!!!! For that much money there better be more than a handshake!!! I better get a hug, kiss, picture, autograph, and the shirt off his back.

Evidently my nephew is going to be a father. While this is not good news in any way, it's made worse since he has no job and no motivation to get one. He's always wanted to take the easy road and he's been in a lot of trouble because of that. Supposedly, she's four and a half months along. I've begun to set aside things that are gender neutral items for the baby. I truly hope that things work out and gets his tail in gear. He just doesn't realize what he's in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment