Monday, January 26, 2009

Out and About

Daniel worked on Saturday, but my mom came to stay with me and help with the kids. She's so great. She even brought breakfast for us! Poor Daniel, he was so tired that morning. Thankfully, his group got a lot done and he was home around 3. I was sooooo ready to go, but could tell he just wanted to stay home. So, that's what we did, with the agreement that Sunday would be spent out and about. Adam has been going through a growth spurt and has been in need in of new clothes, shirts especially. Adam has always needed smaller pants than tops. His waist is so small , but if I fit his waist, the length is too short. Our first stop was Kid to Kid. I raked it in! Daniel waited in the car because the kids were asleep. I got him two pairs of jeans (hoping they would fit), and 7 or 8 shirts. I also got Isabelle some jeans, frilly socks, and a cute pair of ruffly panties. Then it was off to see Daniel's cousins and aunt. They had not seen Isabelle since she was born and since she was such a diva then, they hadn't even gotten to hold her. We met up at Kohls and Adam got some more shirts. By now, Isabelle was still asleep. Not good. She had a schedule until Friday. All of a sudden she wants to stay up til 12:30 - 1am, then sleep til 6 or so. Which would be ok if I was a night person. I'm glad she's getting that big a block of sleep, but it's rough being up all day, then up that late, then up that early. I liked it better when she got up arond 3, ate, and went right back to sleep. So, now we are working on keeping her up longer during the day. Everyone held her, we even took her to her first bar! Before you think I am an awful mother , let me explain. Daniel's aunt is married to David, who is a bartender at a bar. Aunt Janie had to be dropped off over there, so we went along so he could see her. All the people at the bar were so sweet. They talked to Adam and he just ate it up. Isabelle woke up and loved looking at the neon signs. It was time for dinner, so we joined more family for breakfast....I mean dinner. We had waffles for dinner and they were GOOD! Then it was time for homemade ice cream and Wii Fit. Oh yeah, we finally found a Wii Fit. Now, I can begin to work on losing these last pounds. I have uniforms to wear to work and I would prefer to fit into them in 3 weeks when I go back.

Today we got out for a bit. We went to my work. We didnt' get to go last week because a lot of people were out. Isabelle slept, but she had just eaten so I knew she would. Everyone held her and ooohed and aaahed. Especially over all her hair. They also agreed that she resembles Adam when he was born.

I thankful that I don't have to get out in the weather much. It sounds like the weather will be getting worse tomorrow.

I guess I better try to nap now. She's asleep and I'm sure she's just gearing up for another late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment