Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Moving Experience

Thanks for taking the time to check out my new blog. So it took me a while to figure some of this place out. I learned quite a bit more stuff though and I really like Blogspot better. I have been pretty much bored today.....I cleaned some, but lost motivation. I figure it's stuff that can be done tomorrow because, after all, I will be off for a few more weeks. This is the part where I begin to wish I could work from home. I'm enjoying my time at home, but the baby only sleeps, eats, poops, then sleeps some more. She's just now beginning to be awake for maybe two hours each day. The highlight of my day..Hmmm, let's see.. She's about to have a belly button. Her umblical cord is about to fall off. Yeah, I can't wait. It just looks so gross when it's all dried up and getting ready to fall off. It literally starts turning in circles as you wipe it with alcohol. That's gross!!!!!

Yesterday I watched the inauguration ceremonies. Obama has such a charismatic presence about him. He looked so proud. And while choosing a candidate is choosing the lesser of two evils, it seems most people were more interested in race and making history rather than listening to his platforms and goals. I honestly don't see how either one would make immediate changes (as some people seem to be depending on Obama to do), and even though I tend to have more democratic views, some of his policy changes I don't even personally agree with. That is the part where the people who will be affected by these changes still have to do their part and have their voice heard. Sadly, I think some people don't realize that still. I believe you should have to work hard just like everyone else, not just wait for your hand out to come to you. I've known people who have many kids and milk the system for all it's worth, and yet I work hard, try to plan for the future, provide for my family, and still manage to stay off any government support. I'm not only speaking of those here illegally. When I had to go to Parkland for my pregnancy with Adam, I required insulin to manage my diabetes. Do you know what they said? "Are you sure you were born here?" "And this is your first child?" "You both earn to much money, if only you weren't married, then we could help." I wanted to scream! It was so frustrating to be doing the right thing in your life, you eagerly await having a child rather than repeatedly accidentally getting pregnant by different men, and pay in your taxes (and alot of them) with each paycheck, only to be told "we can't help you because you're legal, you make too much, and you don't have 8 kids". There is no exaggeration in that, that is what they told me. What's funny, is after I stopped going there they sent me a bill for $5000!!!!!!!!!! That's what I would like to see change. Sorry, to have gotten on my soapbox. Despite my tendency to go left, I don't agree with everything Obama wants to do. In fact, some of the policies have me concerned, especially he "spread the wealth" views he has spoken about. The next 100 days will be interesting to say the least. We'll still need to do our part to have our voices heard on these policies that will adversly effect our lives...and our wallets.

Adam has doubled his vocabulary. All of a sudden he's just talking. Clearly. He literally surprises Daniel and I everyday with a new word. He gets so concerned when Isabelle cries. He will stop and run to her to check her out. He'll even tell us "Crying". So cute. I'm so relieved he's adjusted so well and is now acting like a protective big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment