Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back To The Grind


Today was my first day back to work. I'm glad Isabelle had already been at the sitter's since Monday. There were no tears this morning so it made the day a little easier to handle. I got to my desk and saw they had decorated it with balloons and confetti. They had also planned a luncheon in my honor. It made the transition much easier. It was a day of cleaning up my emails. I had been logging in to keep up with the emails, but hadn't in the last two weeks or so. I had over 700 emails to go through this morning. I got through them, but honestly didn't look at EVERY one of them. That would have taken me a week. That took me til lunch. Wednesday is also our weekly meeting so I had to prepare for that. I jumped right back in to the grind and kept up a good pace. There are a few changes that I had to be updated on, a few new processes, and alot more information to remember. It was good to be back though and I appreciated all the thoughtfulness of everyone. I had tons of visitors coming by to wish me a good day. Everyone said they missed me and there was even a round of applause at a meeting. WOW! Of course I got caught up on all the gossip and happenings too, but really I just concentrated on getting back into the swing of things.


Tuesday was spent with my hubby! He actually took a whole day off work to spent it with me. It didn't start off too good though. He got two phone calls before 8am! UGH!!!! But, after that we got the kids ready and off to the sitter. Then we headed out to the mall. We went to Grapevine Mills. It seems that during the morning hours they don't really care about customers. I needed a custom t-shirt made and we stood at the kiosk for about 15 minutes until the man came to help. He smelled of cigarette smoke. Anyway, he was not the sharpest tack of the bunch and it took forever to get this figured out. I wanted a design on the shirt in addition to wording, but he couldn't find the file. He wanted to do a different font and told me the one I wanted wouldn't look good. Blah, blah, blah. Since I needed the shirt I decided to just keep it simple so he could keep up. I kept the font I wanted, removed the design, and wanted it in an hour. He called shortly saying he'd found the file for the design. Nope, sorry dude, you wasted your time. I had already told him to just do the wording. I asked if he did the design if I could still get in in an hour. I couldn't really understand what he was saying, so I said no to that and just embroid the wording I wanted. Daniel and I bought new shoes, I got new jeans (I had to go up one size for now. This is one time that I hope I wasted my money and have to get rid of these in a few months), a new shirt, and we walked the whole mall. We then returned to the kiosk to pick up the shirt. We were totally pleased with it and my font looks great! Ha! As we are finishing up paying this man comes running through the mall screaming something. We don't know what he's screaming and I wasn't sticking around to find out. I just want this guy to hand me my change and receipt so I can get the hell out of there! People are staring, employees are coming out of the stores asking what is going on, and others are heading in the same direction to see what's happening. Crazy people!!!!! Have you know knowledge of crazed gunmen in malls???? I about snatched my stuff from the guy in order to hurry up. Finally we were on our way out and it seemed like the longest freakin' walk to the exit. How ironic that the shirt I had embroidered said "Why are we running?". It's an inside joke and will only be figured out by one or two people that read this blog. Susan, I'll let you laugh now. I hope those claw marks that I probably left on your shoulder healed well.


After the crazy mall experience we went to a few other places then to lunch at Uncle Julio's. Ahh, my first margarita and I went all out. Yep, had it made with Patron. Mmmm. Muy Delicioso! Oh, and I added Midori to it too. Oh, and the food was pretty tasty too!


It was a great way to spend the day. I thought back to what all Daniel and I have been through. We went from high school fun, to seriously dating, to marriage, to wondering if we'd have a family, to accepting that we may not, to experiencing the heartbreak of miscarriage, to finding out Adam was on his way, loving something so much you'd give your life for him, then to our amazement getting pregnant again so quickly with Isabelle, and now she's here, and now I have my amazing family. Life has had it's ups and downs and I know there's only many more of these peaks and valleys for us. But, Daniel and I have gone through it all, and we've made it through together. I think we've gone through alot together in the last 9.5 years and it's made us better people. He's an amazing father who adores his babies and he is a fantastic husband who I still catch staring at me like he did when we first started dating. It doesn't hurt that he does laundry and cooks dinner too! I'm definitely one blessed woman.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you had a good day back at work. I LOVE the picture of the kiddos! It is amazing to me that we have all been married 10 years (or almost 10). Seems like yesterday we were at the Garth Brooks concert at Texas Stadium- Boy how thinks change.

    ReplyDelete