Monday, February 2, 2009

Hold On!

This has been a pretty busy few days. There have been issues with Daniel's work, but they seem to be better. I am officially on disability while I've been on maternity leave. I am not released to lift anything heavier than the baby, I had major surgery, and am having problems with my right hip (more on this later). Anyway, for the last few weeks of my pregnancy, Daniel had been leaving early enough to pick up Adam and this continued through these last few weeks too. Some nights he couldn't and our sitter graciously kept Adam til sometimes 7pm!!!!! Well, Daniel's boss talked to him about this schedule and told him that he is needed at work. We all agree on that, however, there is no one else available to pick up Adam, unless I do it at the risk of hurting myself. Daniel felt like he was being forced to choose, poor guy. He's got this wife who's always on his case about how much he works and misses out on at home. Then, he's got work that always demands overtime. He's the only "family man" there. All the others are single, live with their parents, no kids, and no reason not to be able to work 24 hours a day. But, I also told him that his work is walking a fine line when it comes to this. He's the caretaker for a person on disability and it was the birth of a child. He could have easily taken FMLA and where would that have left them? He was so over work last week and we were thisclose to him just being a stay at home dad. Instead, he'll stick it out, we'll do what we have to do, and if they decide they don't need him then we'll cross the bridge. On Friday I picked up Adam since Daniel had to work late (no surprise there). It was rough. Adam isn't quite big enough to climb into the car and then into his seat. So, I had to help him. Ummmm, it didn't feel to good. But we made it.

On Saturday we went to a party and Adam got to run off energy in two bounce houses. He climbed up the inflatable slide all by himself. My big boy. He's so fun right now at this age. He's spouting off new words nearly every hour when he repeats what we talk to him about. He's even begun eating better too, but he definitely has his own opinions about everything! After the party we went to Ikea and bought curtains for our huge windows, a new lamp, and chair cushions. Finally!!!! Now if I can just get Daniel to hang them up. Daniel is the biggest procrastinator I know. After this we went to Stonebriar Mall. I have been wanting a book for a month now and I finally was going to buy it. Turns out the bookstore returned the last two copies they had back to the publisher. I was heartbroken!!! I was forced to find a replacement. I love to read. It's my calm in the storm. I love to climb into bed and crack open a new book. We bought Adam two new books that have become his prized posessions! He's never loved any book the way he loves these. We did some shopping for clothes for the kids and then got home around 10. That's a looooong day for us. It was a great day though. Adam was great and behaved the whole day!!! I know some people won't believe that, but he really did! That same night Daniel was so excited to have all the necessary income tax paperwork that he got online and filed. Yep, already done and sent off. A very nice return this year. It'll go into the savings until we decide what we need to do. We've got to look into a new car or van. Something bigger than the Acura and more dependable. We'll have to see what we can do with our credit. I hate rejection.

For some reason my right hip hurts so much sometimes. It's not a constant pain and that's what kinda sucks. It's a pain that will just strike all of a sudden and will stop me in my tracks. It almost feels like it catches and gets stuck. I have to make an effort to move it and I feel each tiny inch of movement too. I will have to speak to the doctor about this. I'm sure it's because I haven't dropped all my weight yet. I tried on my old jeans and I was let down. It's amazing how your body changes so much. I've always had slimmer hips and thighs. Well, two kids later and all that's changed. My jeans did not creep an inch over these hips! I looked at the tag to check the size and nope they weren't ones from high school (darn it!). My shirts all fit right again, but those pants are not going to work. Looks like longer workouts, more water, better foods for me.

Isabelle is staying awake for longer periods of time and she's begun looking at us and cooing. So sweet! It's moments like those that make me sad she's my last one. Last night she refused to go to sleep. It's moments like those that make me glad she's my last one.

It's already February. I can't believe how life goes by so fast. My mom has a milestone birthday in April and Daniel turns 32. Adam turns two in May. Joseph graduates college in May too. He's doing so well and I can't believe I was only 10 when he was born. It just all seems to go by and you just have to do the best you can to hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment