Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unappreciated

Daniel has been working later lately. After all the issues that arose last week with his work he's had to just suck it up and do it. That's fine, but that leaves me to doing lots of stuff that leaves me exhausted. You don't realize how much you can't do after a c-section! I used an apple corer and it hurt!!! I've also had to break the doctor's restrictions and pick up Adam few times. He can't climb into the Saturn easily and then into his seat because it sits so high. So, that's left me lifting him up. That can't be good either. Add in the laundry too and my doctor is so going to get after me. When I had Adam I reopened my incision and it got infected because I was doing too much. I swore to take it easier this time, but how can you when you see the laundry piling up, kitchen to be cleaned, trash taken out, dinner to be made, child to pick up, and on and on? Last night I got everything done while he tried to keep Isabelle awake, I went to bed feeling exhausted and unappreciated. I know all this is typical "housewife" stuff and should be done by me, but would a thank you be too much to ask for? I cried last night out of frustration and I must admit, a touch of those darn baby blues. They've snuck up on me when I thought I'd managed to avoid it.

Isabelle had her cardiology appointment on Tuesday. They hooked her up to all these leads for her EKG and she was not happy!!! I was glad none of these had to go on her back! She's still pretty hairy, like most Hispanic babies, and that would have been like a waxing! She also had an echocardiogram and she behaved very well during this. She still has the tiny hole in the muscle of her heart, but all indications are that it will begin closing as she gets bigger and her heart begins to grow too. It should just start to fill in. She goes back in 6 months, but other than that she is growing perfectly. She now weighs 9lbs 12 oz. However, none of this has gone to her tiny feet. She was supposed to have her 1 month checkup this morning. We had all gotten up, I was ready, I was getting her dressed and then the call came. Our favorite, Dr. Powell, is sick. His P.A. is also sick, along with the nursing staff too! Lucky Isabelle, she got a delay for her shots.

Adam, my Adam, he's so much like his father! Headstrong and won't take no for an answer. We've been making it a point to sit with him, play more, use our flashcards, and say a prayer for patience. We're working on his language skills. I know he won't develop some sounds til much later, but when he mimics some words they are still jumbled. I don't know how to explain it. M, N, D, B, P...these seem to be our big problem letters. He more or less mimics the syllables. So, we use flashcards and books to practice. He knows what the word is and we know what he means (usually), but we're trying to tie it all together. Anyone who knows him knows that getting him to say somethings is like pulling wisdom teeth out of an alligator! It took me forever to get him to say "please", weeks and weeks or practice. Now it just comes out as "Meeeeze". He uses tons of words though, I just think I concentrate more on the ones he mispronounces instead of the ones he pronounces correctly. The best though is when he says love you. Ahhhh, that one he learned quickly. I was so happy!

On Saturday we are going to go for our first family portrait with Isabelle. A few months ago we had one done with just the three of us, that way Adam has a picture of just us three. Now, we'll have our complete family. Adam will be in his blue, Isabelle in an adorable pink dress (bought on clearance for $5 at Children's Place), and Mommy and Daddy in white probably.

Tomorrow I am going to go do something for myself. I am going to get my hair done! I've gone back to my natural hair color which is practically black. Now, I think I'll start getting my highlights back in like I used to. Just in time for pictures and it'll all be done for when I go back to work. Oh, speaking of work, I do fit in my uniforms!!! Whew! I don't think it's the weight I lost, but rather that they run big. Now I just need to figure out my jeans situation. Seems like everything else fits, but the shape of my hips has definitely changed and I don't think it's going to really change much soon. I do love my maternity jeans though, but I don't think I should keep wearing them. Too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment