Saturday, February 7, 2009

Great Weekend- So Far!

Today was our first family portrait with Isabelle. Adam did good for the first few shots, but he was so done after that. He cried, he whined, he walked away....but we finally managed to get a few great shots. We got our family portrait done and we got some good ones of them two. I can't wait to see the final result.

On Friday I got my haircut and highlighted. It's been a long time (I think since I was pregnant with Adam) that I've had anything done to it besides a cut. My hair was born again virgin hair and was back to its natural color. It's a few inches shorter and now has reddish/brown highlights. I like it! While I was there I was able to visit with two good friends. They came to the hospital to visit, but were unable to even see the little diva since she was in the NICU. Angela finally got to hold her and Belle just cuddled right to next to her. Niki has done my hair since I was like 14 or 15 and these two ladies have been a part of my life for so long. I didn't realize it until I read Angela's blog, but we've known each other since 6th grade!!! 20 years or so! Oh goodness, I'd hate to even know what she could blackmail me with. I was so foolish and immature. These two have seen me at my best and worst and yet they still call me their friend! They even hung around at the hospital and helped while I was so sick to my stomach. True friends will hold your hair back and get you wet towels! Thanks!

My sister had a really bad car wreck on Friday morning. A man in a Jaguar ran a light and they collided going 40 mph! She's alright- Thank you God! The paramedics told her she was very fortunate to come out of the wreck with only bumps and bruises. When he hit her it pushed her into a pole, which then fell. She's pretty sore of course, but if she's feeling pain then she's alive right!!! Hopefully she'll be able to get into a new vehicle and cautiously make her way back on the road. I know she'll be scared, but she's a strong woman. She'll be fine!

After our portrait session today we did some shopping. I finally bought myself some new shoes- two pairs in fact! My cousins in law got me a gift card for my last birthday and I finally got to use it. I didn't want to while I was pregnant so now was the time. Then we went to Italiannis for lunch, also with a gift card that was also given by the same cousins in law! Thanks Susan and Jeff! You guys provided a full day of enjoyment for us!

Isabelle is working on her neck muscles. She wants to hold her head up so badly. She's just so darn cute!!!! All her fuzziness is beginning to go away. Her cheeks are almost fuzz free now, but she's got little bumps now. I guess since now the hairs aren't there to protect her skin.

Adam got underwear today!!! Monday begins the potty training. We will work together with his sitter to do this. I can't wait to see if he catches on quickly. He's got spiffy Cars underwear for his time with her, then he's cute Elmo ones for home. I think he'll be so proud! It's hard to believe he's going to be so big. I'm beginning to gather info on his 2nd birthday party. We hope to enroll him into Soccer Tots after he's all potty trained. We think it'll be a great way for him to interact with more kids, run off energy, and begin working more on his coordination. I don't think he'll be tall, so that pretty much leaves baseball and football. I just hope he enjoys sports and wants to be involved with these kinds of things. Can't you just see it- Adam playing football and Isabelle cheerring for him in her cute uniform and pom poms? Adorable!

My parents are coming over tomorrow. This means my arms won't get a chance to get tired of holding the baby. They'll spoil them rotten and leave us to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment