Monday, February 16, 2009

Too Big For My Britches

This weekend we went on a mini hunt for a used van. We got our income tax and were eager to invest in a dependable used van. The Acura is running and it's ok, but we just want another family vehicle. The Acura has been fine for awhile after we had to spend a few bucks on it, but it's something we still have to check and make sure Daniel doesn't overheat. For some reason the thermostat will rise, Daniel revs the engine, and it'll go back down. Sometimes it needs a little water too. So, we took a look online and even went to Traders Village. We saw a couple, but we just couldn't take the leap. We're going to keep looking and save more money so that we can purchase something better. Another $1000 - $1500 would go a long way.

Valentine's Day was peaceful. We hung out at the house and exchanged cards. We took Isabelle out in her cute outfit and bib. Everyone oohed and aahed over her. She's really beginning to become more active. She'll wave her arms and kick her legs. She's discovered that the ceiling fan really is awesome to look at. Her coos are becoming more regular as she gazes at me. Her right eye is beginning to focus more. I hope the doctor is right in that it will straighten itself out. It's not nearly as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago though.

Adam is such a proud protective big brother and son. Sure, he's a rough and tumble, loud, strongwilled little boy, but when it comes to her he's so protective. This weekend I had a mommy moment. Our computer desk came crashing off the wall, laptop and all. Scared the heck out of all of us! It literally came apart and wouldn't stay propped up. Adam was so eager to help us fix it and pick stuff up. Well, one piece that we were trying to get to stay up so I could get to stuff fell and landed right on my arm. Now, this desk was actually more like a locker (from IKEA) and completely metal. So, it hurt. Adam rushed to me, said "Sorry" and gave me the biggest hug. Ahhhh, it just melted the pain away. My sweet baby. I shall try to remember that moment when he's a teenager and tells me I'm ruining his life.

I return to work on Wednesday. But, Isabelle had her first day at the sitter today. I cried as they left this morning. My baby girl. On one hand I wanted to hold her when she cried. On the other it was a good break for me. I had my last OB appt. today to be released to work. After that I went to treat myself to a spa day. I got a great mani/pedi and had my eyebrows waxed. It was so relaxing. Ok, so not the actual ripping off of stray hairs, but the rest was. The dr released me to work, but referred me to a chiropractor. My right hip still gives me an occasional fit and she thinks this should help. She wants to check for some sort of hip displacement from carrying Isabelle. I'm glad I'm done having children. I don't think I would have made it through a third. This little girl did me in.

Daniel surprised me and took a vacation day off work tomorrow. How sweet! We have plans to relax and reconnect after, and before, such a busy time in our lives. On the agenda- I need new blue jeans. This is going to be awful, but I have to quit wearing my oh-so-comfy maternity jeans. Oh, how I love them. My goal is to fit into my old jeans, but I think that's going to be a little while longer. I can almost get into a couple of pair that I have. In the meantime, I will buy a new pair and be depressed that it's the largest size I have EVER bought. My hips and thighs are not the thinnest part of me anymore. Now, the go with the rest of me I guess. BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment