Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All For Nothing





This weekend was supposed to be one of relaxation and feeling better. I woke up Saturday feeling the worst I have felt this whole time with bronchitis. I continued to work throughout being sick and I paid the price that morning. I felt absolutely awful. I gathered the energy to shower and get ready so we could research birthday party options and a few errands. This turned into a whole day of activities. The Samson's came with us and it was a full fun day. We drove to Going Bonkers and the boys had a blast! It's a McDonalds playground on steroids. Insanely loud too! When we left it was like when you leave a concert. The amazing thing was that the boys were so tuckered out there wasn't any fussing when we left. Sweet! Adam slept the whole way back and we took a look at Boomerangs. I like Boomerangs. I know the adults can't go on the inflatables, but for the sake of my sanity I think my vote is for there. It was much more controlled and calm. You could hear yourself think. No careless parents letting their children running around sockless and knocking over the little ones. Going Bonkers would have me feeling like I'm the "police" for the area. Here's Adam sliding:
Sunday we all drove out to Ennis for bluebonnet pictures. We found a great patch, but Adam was not having it. He fussed, he cried, he ran, he did anything but take pictures. I was so frustrated! All that way for nothing. The Samson's got great photos and Joshua was his charming self, but my son was not having anything to do with us. Adam's schedule has been off since the sitter was gone and he was proving to us that the twos are indeed terrible! Between being sick and his behavior, I wanted to rip my hair out. I hope my sweet son returns soon....I sure do miss him. Once we got home I got the camera out and got some beautiful pictures of Baby Belle. That's what I call her now. I think it rolls off the tongue better than just Belle. Baby Belle. Ah, she's so sweet. She laughs now! Daniel got her cracking up and I've got the video too. If only she would stay this sweet. Soon, she too will go through the terrible twos. UGH!



Work is laying off one customer support person. Thankfully I am not in the contention for this. Fortunately the center fought and got permission to fill a position that would be a lateral move for this one person. They are trying to find any way they can to avoid this layoff. I hope they are successful. I have struggled with the decision to put my name on the list of interviewees. Managers have asked why my name wasn't on the list yet, they've encouraged me, and voiced their confidence in my ability to do the job. The job would be a slight promotion with a little more money, but that's not something that concerns me. Sure the extra money would be great, but I am more interested in doing something I enjoy. I'm not sure I would enjoy doing this new job. I wouldn't enjoy the environment it's in for sure. I put my name on the list and will dicuss the options during my interview process. All I can do is try.

I am gearing up for big plans....my mom's birthday is almost hear and it's time to make final decision about the cake and other plans. Then we've got to plan for the kids baptism and celebration. Then it's time for Adam's party. I'm just hoping the funds can handle the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment