Monday, March 30, 2009

Peace of Mind

Today went pretty smoothly. I was actually expecting the worst, but all in all it was a decent day. The news that I got and had to address this morning is all taken care of and I'm still able to live! WooHoo! The job interview was today also. It went really well and both sides were able to address the "environment" issues. The interviewers did not know that I have extensive previous dealings with the FAA and how to manage their needs. So, that did impress them and I was proud of myself. He was impressed with my aviation background and was intrigued by how I got bit by the aviation bug. I was able to let them know that the concern I have about the team that I would be joining and how I differ. They seemed to understand and agree with me, but also stated that one of these people has also wanted to have more interaction with people. But, I did tell them that if I wasn't the right fit, that I was happy where I am at. I had another manager find out I was interviewing and he voiced his concerns about me leaving the Records deptartment. It made me feel great, but then again what does that mean for my advancement? I know they want me to succeed, but we'd really have to get someone knew back there. The person we have is not working out. Work has been so busy. We've had ten clients demand to leave with their records. This is not an easy task by any means. The stack of new records to complete only diminished by 5 today! Typically all of these would have been done and almost mailed out. The problem with rushing these records through is that we are likely to make some small mistake, but one that could cost a lot of money for us, the customer, and the pilot being grounded from flying. We're going to address this tomorrow because we can't work under this pressure efficiently and get everything right. Not possible.

On to the kids. Adam is terrific.....most of the time. He's so headstrong, but helpful. He's developing his vocabulary every day. I love the way he says cow. He loves to make the "buzzzz" sound for a bee. We're working on saying "two" when someone asks how old he is. He has a different way of learning that I'm trying to adjust to. He's not the sit down and lets practice or repeat. If you start singing the ABCs, he just looks at you and says "no". But if you say "A!" he'll excitedly repeat it and keep going along with you through the alphabet. He loves his flashcards too. He's a fun little boy now. There's nothing babyish about him anymore. I just wish we could get him to eat better. We try to work with him, but obviously we're doing something wrong. It makes me feel like a bad mother when my son won't even touch his food.

Baby Belle is getting over being sick. She's been eating better. For a few days she couldn't breathe very well, making her bottle feeding a struggle. Now, she's getting chunky little thighs. Her feet are still tiny. She's not even fitting into a size 1 shoe very well yet. Her new Keds are a 1 and as long as her socks are a little thicker they stay on. She'll be three months old on April 7th. Wow! It still gets me that she's my last baby sometimes. It still amazes me that I have a son and a daughter. Oh, it's just so challenging sometimes, but when you catch the look in their eyes it just rewards you a hundred times over!

My mom's birthday party is fast approaching. I have got to make phone calls to firm up the RSVP list and select a cake. I was going to go for a more fancy cake, but the funds just aren't there for an extravagant confectionary delight. It'll still be pretty, just not like those you see on Ace of Cakes. Those cakes are freakin' awesome!

I'll be creating the kids baptism invitations soon, but I'll go ahead and let you all know the information now so that you can mark your calendars. Saturday April 25th (yes, Daniel's birthday also) 7pm at St. Luke's Catholic Parish in Irving. I know everyone is very busy this time of year, so I hope we'll see you there. If not, I'm sure there will be plenty of picture taking!

I guess that's about it for today. My mind is a little more at peace today than it has been. God blessed me today with what I needed. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment