Thursday, March 12, 2009

Been Awhile

It's taken me a few days to have the energy to write an update. I've been feeling rundown lately and today I didn't go to work. My stomach was aching this morning and I just couldn't get the energy to even get ready. So, I called in late thinking I would make my way in later this morning, but around 10 I decided to just rest at home. Good thing, because I've spent much of my day between the bed and the bathroom.

Anyways.....Belle went to the dr. on Monday. She now weighs 11lbs. 10oz and she got four shots. She fussed at us afterwards too. She only really cried for a minute, but told us about it all the way to the car. Dr. Powell said her right eye is improving and that by 4 months the connections between her brain and her eye should be well established and the eye will settle. He checked her hips, her soft spot, her belly, and her heart. He was so happy to tell us that he really couldn't hear the heart murmur any more. Great news!!! He thinks it's probably already closing up, but we'll have to wait until she's 6 months to have her next echocardiogram to check for sure. I also had a checkup the same day. My diabetes is under control. I was glad. I spoke with him about what to do about the weight. He tested my metabolism and it came back 400 calories low. He said that's like a Big Mac meal. or an hours worth of aerobic exercise. Instead of putting me on a prescription appetite suppresant, we decided to try all natural supplements. You see, he did all this research, spoke with patients, came up with his own line of supplements, and is now nearly done with phase II trials of it. I felt reassured about taking something my own doctor created and fellow patients of his have been using for awhile. It's made of common herbs like ginger root, acai, and green tea. So, I'm giving it a try and I can tell a difference in my energy already. We'll have another checkup in two months and see how I'm doing.

Speaking of two months, they are going to be busy! April 4th we have baptism class, April 8th is my mom's 60th birthday, April 11th is the birthday celebration, April 25th is Daniel's birthday and the kids will be baptized, May 9th or 10th will be Adam's birthday party, May 11th is Adam's 2nd birthday, and we leave for Wisconsin a couple of days later. I sure hope I can keep up! In between all this will be work (the building expansion is set to finally begin) and doctor appts. 4month check up for Belle, 2 month checkup for me, 2yr checkup for Adam. I better get a calendar going as I am bound to forget something.

This past weekend we went to the consignment sale in NRH. They didn't have much for Adam's size, but they had tons for the baby! She has plenty of onesies and stuff like that, but she didn't have any girly dresses that could fit her now. So, I think I wiped them out of cute dresses. I think I found the perfect one for bluebonnet pictures. It's simple white cotton with a pastel plaid ribbon around the waist. I will try to get a picture up of the dresses we found. I finally broke down and bought one of those huge wraps that you can interchange bows on. Too cute! It's so much fun dressing her up. But what's even more fun is watching her watch Adam. She is getting more observant and she realizes that her brother loves to be right next to her. To watch them grow up together is going to be the best. I know there will be fights and days when I wonder if they'll ever get along, but I know that he'll always be there to protect her and she'll adore having a big brother. I think she already does. Baby is the first word he speaks in the morning and he gives her night night kisses before heading off to bed. It's one of the best moments of my day.

Work has been good. It's been kinda slow, yes due to the economy, but we're lucky at our center. We were profitable and we are pretty lean in terms of employees. We're shorthanded in our center and we've been operating like this for awhile. The building expansion is about to start because it's better for business in DFW. We have 16 simulators right now and it looks like 8 more are on the way. They are building additional space to accomodate 8 more after that. The center is going to double in size, there will be dedicated space for Falcon and Gulfstream teams. They are going to be closing in the area outside my window. I'm concerned about losing my view. I really don't care to see the backsides of construction workers all day. It is going to be a huge building once all is done in May 2010, but it will be a great center. Ours is only 8 years old and is considered one of the best already, so this should just add to it. Can you tell I'm proud of my job? I really am. It has it's days of course, but I really do like my job. My days are never the same. It's fun to keep track of airline talk, at least it is to me, but I've been in the airline industry for 9 years or so.

I have to go get the kids now. At least it's not raining right now. Yesterday was insane. I was soaked by the time I got the kids in and out of the car twice yesterday. Thanks to the wind, my umbrella is now broken. Now I've got to remember to get a new one.

1 comment:

  1. yes, you need to use the calendar on your phone to send you reminders-That is the only way I make it through a day. LOL Too many people, and things to take care of.

    ReplyDelete