Sunday, March 29, 2009

Playing with Shadows

Friday evening was one of those sweet moments as a Mommy that you hope to remember forever. I came out of the bedroom and noticed Adam was quietly playing on the other side of the dinner table. As I looked I noticed what he was playing with. His shadow! It was so cute. He was pinching his shadow. His little fingers tried a few times to touch his shadow then he noticed I was watching. He first noticed shadows one day recently at the park. He saw all of our shadows and laughed.

It's funny how Adam's second birthday is turning out to be more difficult to plan that his first. My parents are splitting the cost of the party. We were going to do another park party, but we have such a busy few weeks that my mom convinced me to take the easy way and host a party somewhere that sets up and cleans up for us. We've done our research and I think we've decided. My parents will be over next weekend to attend baptism class with us, so we are making the trip to the place we've selected so that they can take a look. We'll also go to Grapevine Mills to select their baptism attire. I have a gown for Baby Belle, but my parents would rather not have her wear a "used" gown. It was bought at a consignment sale and appears new to me, but evidently the idea that it may have been used is not appealing to my parents. So, they have offered to buy their outfits too. They adore these two children and I adore them for always wanting to do so much for them. It's such a blessing.

Tomorrow brings a possible change for me. I will have my interview for that new position. I am pretty much going in to it decided that I will decline if I am offered the position. I think I put my name on the list more for other reasons rather than really wanting the job. It was more of not wanting to let my former boss down. He has tons of confidence in me and was concerned that I hadn't put myself in for consideration. I will interview though and go with an open mind. I have questions and concerns about who I'd be working with, so this would have to be addressed too. I guess we'll see how far my open mind will take me.

I have tons of concerns right now. All these busy weeks are taking a toll on my mind. I got some news on Friday that I have to address on Monday. I knew this was going to catch up to me, but we procrastinated. Don't worry, it'll all be settled and be taken care of . One way or another. This will add to my worries, but all I can do is try to make it right and figure it all out. I'm just bothered that these weeks will be expensive weeks and yes I just tend to worry about money all the time. I just have to keep the big picture: two healthy kids, great hubby, roof over head, food on table, electricity, car, job, friends and family, stock of diapers for kids, and formula. It'll all be ok, won't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment